Prepare for Certification
Note: The current version of the standard is a draft for public comment. Companies wishing to pursue certification should not apply for participation until the final version is made available.
- Review the RMS Framework and Plastics Module to see if your company can meet the requirements of the standards.
- Complete and submit an application for participation in the RMS program.
- Develop an RMS management system and implement the standard.
- Contact an approved certification body (list will be provided here soon).
- The certification body will complete the initial conformance audit. If the operation meets the RMS requirements and submits payment for the Certification Administration Fee, the participant will receive a certificate from the certification body.
- The certification body will submit a summary report to GreenBlue so the certified participant can be entered into the certificate database on the RMS website and ARC Registry (if trading ARCs).
- Once the participant is certified and agrees to follow the Rules for Use of RMS On Product Labels, it can seek approval from GreenBlue to use appropriate RMS labels.
- An annual conformance audit conducted by the certification body must be conducted to maintain RMS certification. The scope of the conformance audit will depend on outcomes from prior audits.