Last Modified: November 16, 2021
Effective Date: November 16, 2021
3. Children Under Age 13. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of thirteen (13) years (each a “Child” and collectively, “Children”). The RMS Website is not designed for or marketed to Children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from Children. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a Child, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Child, please contact us using any of the methods described at: https://www.rmscertified.com/contact/.
4.1. “Non-Personal Information” means information or content other than Personal Information (as defined below), including, for example, aggregated or anonymized information about our users and other information that does not identify any individual.
4.2. “Personal Information” means personally-identifiable information (information relating to an individual that can be used to identify, locate, or contact that individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information), such as: name, home or physical address, e-mail address, phone number, or personal characteristics, or any other information about an individual that we collect through the RMS Website and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with other personally-identifiable information.
5. Types of Information Collected.
6.1. Cookies and Local Storage. Cookies are small text files placed onto your device when you visit and interact with the RMS Website. Local storage is a technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your device. These technologies enable us to provide and enhance your experience using the RMS Website.
6.2.1. Essential Processes and Security: To enable essential functions of the RMS Website, such as protecting your security, and helping us fight spam, and abuse.
6.2.2. Preferences: To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
6.2.3. Performance, Analytics, Research, and Marketing: To help us understand and measure how you use the RMS Website, to improve the RMS Website, and to provide relevant and targeted advertisements to you on the RMS Website and on other websites, which may include cookies associated with Google Analytics and the Google Marketing Platform. For more information, see: How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps (located at: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
7. Use of Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information (including, for example, aggregated information about our users or information that does not identify any individual) for any purposes whatsoever (including without limitation, advertising, marketing, enhancing, designing, or developing products and/or services, and research), and we may share Non-Personal Information with others, including our partners, affiliates, and our service providers.
8. Use of Personal Information.
8.1. We will only store and use your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with your use of the RMS Website, including: (a) to contact you in connection with your use of the RMS Website, including to respond to your inquiries; (b) for authentication and identification purposes; (c) to enable us to provide the features of the RMS Website; (d) to provide you with information about GreenBlue and our services and other information related to the Recycled Material Standard, such as by sending you our newsletter if you subscribe to it; (e) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information to us; (f) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; (g) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and (h) to protect our networks, data, software, or business interests. You understand and agree that we may transfer, process, maintain, and store your Personal Information and other information in any country (or in multiple countries), including countries other than your country of residence or the country or countries where you use the RMS Website.
8.3.1. to any person, entity, or organization which you consent for us to disclose your Personal Information to;
8.3.2. to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
8.3.3. to any person, entity, or organization in order to facilitate the operation and provision of the RMS Website;
8.3.4. to our affiliates, business partners, service providers, vendors, and agents who provide hosting services, technical support services, administration services, and as is necessary or appropriate in connection with the operation, maintenance, and support of the RMS Website;
8.3.5. to comply with any legal requirements, subpoenas, discovery requests, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements;
8.3.6. to any person as we believe is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury, or property damage;
8.3.7. to law enforcement, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity; and
8.3.8. if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GreenBlue or our affiliates, other users of the RMS Website, or other third parties.
9. Opt-In Sharing Features. We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to a third party if we know or have reason to believe that the third party will use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
10. Nevada Residents. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: [email protected]. However, please know that we do not sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
11. Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including the use of TLS to encrypt information you send through the RMS Website. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Despite our measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the RMS Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of the RMS Website or of our service providers, agents, or other third parties.
13. Access to and Change of Personal Information. You may contact us at any time to: (a) request the removal of the Personal Information you provided to us from our databases; and (b) update your Personal Information. However, certain information associated with your requests or correspondence with us may be retained permanently for accounting, legal, tax, and business reasons. When your Personal Information is updated or deleted, copies of such information may remain in our backups.